Composer, arranger and musician born in 1983, Pablo Pico studied first drums and classical percussion and then saxophone, clarinet and piano as an self-taught artist.
He has played and recorded albums with Alexandre Tharaud, Sophie Maurin and Gérald Genty, as well as in jazz ensembles (X’tet Bruno Régnier) and classical orchestras (Les Siècles). He also participates in stage performances (Cie Off, la Belle Image).
In 2007, he attended Patrice Mestral’s film soundtrack composition class at École Normale de Musique in Paris. He started out as a composer by scoring short animated films produced by the famous Gobelins school.
This experience opened the way to the French animation world. He composed the music for short films by Denis Chapon (ABUELA GRILLO), Léo Verrier (DRIPPED, THE SEVEN RED HOODS) and Simon Rouby (LA MARCHE), and extends this part of his activities to other animation schools (La Poudrière, Supinfocom, The Animation Workshop).
In parallel, he has worked on live-action short films directed by Vital Philippot (TENNIS ELBOW), Frédéric Carpentier (WAY OUT), Eduardo Sosa Soria (BENEATH OUR FOOTPRINTS) and Gabriele Urbonaite (THE SWIMMER).
In 2011, he obtained the « Peer Raben Award » at the Soundtrack Cologne Festival for the music of DRIPPED.
In 2012, he was chosen to attend the Berlinale Talent Campus Score Competition, where he met the Japanese composer Ryuichi Sakamoto.
In 2013, he was a member of the SACEM jury at the festival “Premiers Plans” in Angers, and received Bruno Coulais’ and Benoît Jacquot’s support and advices.
In 2014, he composed his first long-length film music for OUT OF EDEN, by Séverine Pinkasfeld, with the participation of Quatuor Voce and the singer Gaëlle Méchaly.
In 2015, he composed the music for Simon Rouby’s first animated feature-film ADAMA, and is working with the famous French rapper and poet Oxmo Puccino.
- Best Soundtrack Award – Festival « Voix d’Étoiles » de Port-Leucate 2015
- Coup de Coeur Musical (“musical favorite”) – Festival du Film Merveilleux et Imaginaire (Wonder and Imagination Film Festival), Paris 2015
- Best Short Film Music – Cinéjazz Paris 2012
- Best Soundtrack Award – Anima Mundi Animation Festival 2011 (Brazil)
- Peer Raben Music Award – Soundtrack Cologne 2011
- Best Animation Music Award – Aniwow ! CISAF Beijing 2010
ALBUMS (MUSICIaN AND/OR ARRANGER):
- Sophie Maurin – Sophie Maurin (Jo&Co – Universal)
- Smoking Smoking – It’s All About Love (Jo&Co – Universal)
- Gérald Genty – Nul Si Pas Découvert (Wagram Music)
- Alexandre Tharaud – Tic Tic Choc et autres pièces de Couperin (Harmonia Mundi)
- X’tet Bruno Régnier – Au Large d’Antifer
- X’tet Bruno Régnier – Créatures
- La Belle Image – Locoto
- La Belle Image – Los Frenos No Funcionan